Schedule is not so busy. We have a lot of time!
On the first day, we will start from Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station (2,305m/7,560ft) on the Yoshida Route.
The departure time is set late so that we can avoid the crowds. We will climb slowly and stay at the mountain lodge (2,790M/9,150ft) at 7th station.
On the morning of the second day, we will watch the sunrise in front of the lodge. During the day, the trail is not as congested as it is just before the sunrise. You will be able to climb comfortably on the quiet trail. After arriving at the summit, if the weather and your physical condition are good, we will go around the crater and reach Kengamine peak (3,776m/12,390ft) where the highest point on Mt. Fuji. After reaching the summit, we will descend to the 8th station and stay overnight at Taishikan Hut(3,100m/10170ft).
In the morning of the third day, we will watch the sunrise near the lodge and then depart. Let’s descend slowly to 5th station of the Fuji Subaru Line.
- A private tour — the pace can be customized to match your fitness level and preferences.
- We stay at the 7th station on the first day and gradually acclimatize our bodies to the altitude, which makes it difficult to get altitude sickness.
- Climbing during the day and not during the night, you will not lose your physical rhythm.
- During the day, there is no traffic jam like before the sunrise, so you can walk at your own pace and enjoy the scenery as you climb to the summit.
- The descent, which is physically and mentally demanding, is divided into two days. The load on the legs on the way down is twice as much as on the way up, and most of the trouble occurs on the way down, so we avoid that.
- This tour is recommended for those who are not confident in their physical strength and for children in elementary school and the elderly.
|Tour period||July to 1st week of September. Please check availability in Schedule.|
|Number of days||3 days|
|Meeting time & place||14:00 Red tori gate beside of “FUJISAN MIHARASHI” in Fuji Subaru line 5th Station|
|Dismissing time & place||8:00 Fuji Subaru line 5th Station|
|Accommodation||First Night Kamaiwakan Hut in 7th station
Second Night Taishikan Hut in 8th station
14:00 Meet at Mt. Fuji Subaru line 5th Station(2,305m/7,560ft).
15:00 Start hiking.
17:30 Reach Kamaiwakan Hut at 7th station (2,790m/9,150ft).
18:30 Dinner and long sleep.
- There is no ATM at the fifth station. Please bring at least 30,000 JPY in cash for the following expenses:
– Two nights’ accommodation (approx. 20,000 JPY)
– Meals, use of restrooms on Mt. Fuji, etc. (approx. 10,000 JPY)
- The schedule is may change due to physical condition, weather, and crowded conditions.
- The guide may not go around the crater depending on the weather conditions at the time of the summit and your physical condition.
- In early July, we may not be able to go around the crater depending on the condition of the remaining snow on the trail.
- If you are feel not so good, we will ask you to rest at the lodge where you stayed or at another lodge. If you need to rest at a lodge other than the one you stayed at, you may be asked to pay a resting fee of 3,000 to 5,000 JPY.
- The post office at the summit is open from mid-July to mid-August. The detailed schedule will be decided at the last minute.
Price of Slow & steady Tour in 2021 season
Upper row : Number of group.
Bottom row : Prices. They are in Japanese yen per person and include tax.
We also accept groups of 11 or more people.
The accommodation fee for the lodge is required separately from the guide fee.
Hut fee in 2021 season
Kamaiwakan hut (with 2 meals, per person, tax include)
Monday to Thursday : 9,000 JPY
Friday, Sunday & Holiday : 10,500 JPY
Saturday & Before holiday : 11,000 JPY
Taishikan hut (with 2 meals, per person, tax include)
Sunday to Thursday : 10,000 JPY
Friday : 11,000 JPY
Saturday : 12,000 JPY
Please pay the accommodation fee directly to both lodges on the day (cash only, no credit cards).
Reservations of hut can be made with us.