Climb from the base of Mt. Fuji
On the first day, we will visit the Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen Shrine and start from Umagaeshi. Passing through a quiet forest, we will follow an ancient hiking trail and stay at a mountain lodge at 6th station.
On the morning of the second day, you can greet the sunrise in the vicinity of the lodge in comfort and without congestion.
During the day, the trail is not as congested as it is just before the sunrise, so we can enjoy a quiet and comfortable climb.
Once you reach the summit, you can walk around the crater and aim for Kengamine peak, the highest point on Mt. Fuji.
After reaching Kengamine peak, we will descend to 8th station and stay overnight at Taishikan hut.
In the morning of the third day, we will welcome the sunrise near the hut. Let’s descend slowly to Fuji Subaru Line 5th station.
- A private tour — the pace can be customized to match your fitness level and preferences.
- We will visit the Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen Shrine and follow the historic pilgrimage route to the top from the first station.
- Climbing up through the quiet forest zone to the open slopes of the alpine area is a different kind of accomplishment than climbing up by vehicle.
- As you gradually acclimatize your body to the altitude from the first station, it is less likely that you will suffer from altitude sickness.
- Climbing during the day and not during the night, you will not lose your physical rhythm.
- During the day, there is no traffic jam like before the sunrise, so you can walk at your own pace and enjoy the scenery as you climb to the summit.
- The descent, which is physically and mentally demanding, is divided into two days. The load on the legs on the way down is twice as much as on the way up, and most of the trouble occurs on the way down, so we avoid that.
- This tour is recommended for those who have sufficient physical strength and want to complete the climb from the base of Mt. Fuji.
|Tour period||July to 1st week of September. Please check availability in Schedule.|
|Number of days||3 days|
|Meeting time & place||10:00 Fujisan Station (also known as Mt. Fuji Station) on the Fujikyuko Line|
|Dismissing time & place||8:00 Fuji Subaru line 5th Station||Accommodation||First Night Seikanso Hut in 6th station
Second Night Taishikan Hut in 8th station
10:00 Meet at Fujisan Station(809m/2654ft).
11:00 Walk to Fujiyoshida Sengen-jinja Shrine, a shrine dedicated to Mt. Fuji.
12:00 From Sengen-jinja Shrine, take a taxi to Umagaeshi. (At your expense)
12:30 Arrive at Umagaeshi(1,430m/4690ft), start climbing.
17:00 Reach Seikanso Hut in 6th station (2,325m/7630ft).
18:00 Dinner and long sleep.
- Please bring a snack for lunch on the first day. We will not have a long Lunch break. Please eat during the short break.
- Please bring at least 35,000 JPY in cash for the following expenses:
– Taxi fare to Umagaeshi (approx. 5,000 JPY per group)
– Two nights’ accommodation (approx. 20,000 JPY)
– Meals, use of restrooms on Mt. Fuji, etc. (approx. 10,000 JPY)
- The schedule is may change due to physical condition, weather, and crowded conditions.
- The guide may not go around the crater depending on the weather conditions at the time of the summit and your physical condition.
- In early July, we may not be able to go around the crater depending on the condition of the remaining snow on the trail.
- If you are feel not so good, we will ask you to rest at the lodge where you stayed or at another lodge. If you need to rest at a lodge other than the one you stayed at, you may be asked to pay a resting fee of 3,000 to 5,000 JPY.
- The post office at the summit is open from mid-July to mid-August. The detailed schedule will be decided at the last minute.
Price of Pilgrim Tour in 2021 season
Upper row : Number of group.
Bottom row : Prices. They are in Japanese yen per person and include tax.
We also accept groups of 11 or more people.
The accommodation fee for the lodge is required separately from the guide fee.
Hut fee in 2021 season
Seikanso hut (with 2 meals, per person, tax include)
Sunday to Thursday : 9,000 JPY
Friday & Saturday : 10,000 JPY
Taishikan hut (with 2 meals, per person, tax include)
Sunday to Thursday : 10,000 JPY
Friday : 11,000 JPY
Saturday : 12,000 JPY
Please pay the accommodation fee directly to both lodges on the day (cash only, no credit cards).
Reservations of hut can be made with us.